OCCA Board Member Training
OCCA Board Member Training – Saturday, September 9, 2023
Registration has closed for this event.
WHAT: Join community college board members and presidents from around the state for this one-day training opportunity. Board members will learn more about their roles as elected leaders, public meeting law, board policy & procedure, and important issues facing community colleges in 2023-2024. Additional details coming soon!
WHO: This training is ideal for both NEW and SEASONED community college board members and presidents.
WHERE: Chemeketa Community College Eola Center – 215 Doaks Ferry Road NW, Salem, OR
- $75 – Board Training with Sept. 8 Welcome Dinner (includes breakfast & lunch at Sept. 9 training)
- $50 – Board Training only (includes breakfast & lunch at Sept. 9 training)
HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS: The Grand Hotel, Salem – Group rate is $149 plus taxes & fees for a Deluxe King room. Guests should call (503)-540-7800 and reference, “Oregon Community College Association” to receive the discounted group rate. Reservations must be booked by August 7.
Training Topics to Include:
- Board Member Roles/Responsibilities
- Public Meetings & Ethics Law
- Statewide Community College Governance
- Statewide Advocacy Issues, Trends & Student Success Focus
- Board Member & Presidents Panel